- RT @Ninja_Starfish: @Ebor_Players We need more money for Macmillan! justgiving.com/JJ-Snowdon/ Don't let anyone face cancer alone. 1 week ago
- RT @Ninja_Starfish: @Ebor_Players @LifeClimb2013 We are delighted to announce that Sir Ranulph Fiennes has agreed to be… 1 week ago
- RT @Ninja_Starfish: @Ebor_Players Please follow @LifeClimb2013 - 42 ladies with a cancer diagnosis raising money for Macmillan 1 week ago
- Meeting done. #tweetingthemeeting stops. 1 week ago
- Cricket match - @Ebor_Players vs Bishopthorpe Parish Council taking place in July. Date tbc #TweetingTheMeeting 1 week ago
- We've done so well we've been allowed a break. #win #tweetingthemeeting 1 week ago
Bringing Pantomime to Bishopthorpe since 1994
Don’t think that you need to be an expert actor – enthusiasm is much more important. There is a general shortage of men in the chorus (who doesn’t say this!!) – but if you don’t fancy a shot at being on stage, there are always plenty of backstage jobs to do, from scenery painting to costume making. Age is unimportant – again, if you have the flair for anything, you’re just the person we’re looking for.
We have props teams, scenery teams, sound and lighting crew, backstage crew – you name it and we’ve probably got it!! There is a lot of hard work put in by many people who don’t get the obvious glory of being seen on stage, but their contribution is no less important than those who are.
Fancy a go? Email our Secretary, Chris Gajewicz – email below. Chris will let you know when our next meeting is and invite you along.
Generally speaking, we have a monthly meeting from January to July in the Ebor (August is summer break) and start rehearsals mid-September. Rehearsals are normally on Sunday afternoons and Tuesday evenings until the last week before the show, when you can expect to be called every night. But it really is worth it – nothing beats the buzz of being involved in live theatre!!
We also have a thriving social calendar, with many fundraising events throughout the year.